This unit is not a traditional composter, in that it does not produce compost material for garden use. It is designed to keep organic material out of the waste stream.
The diameter of the 17-inch deep digestion basket is 21.5 inches at the top and 16 inches at the bottom. A series of slots designed into the basket begin 7.5 inches below ground level and effectively remove about half of the side wall and base material. The inner and outer walls of the conical solar chamber are 4/5 inch apart, providing a gap that is open at the top and bottom of the unit. The diameter of the outer chamber reduces from 21.5 inches at its base to 11 at the lid end. The chamber is 27 inches high but when assembled and installed, the Green Cone stands 26 inches above ground level and extends 18 inches below ground level. Access is through an 8-inch diameter hole in the top of the solar chamber, which is sealed by a hinged lid with a turnbuckle security catch.
Features & Benefits
- Made from recycled plastic
- 23-inch diameter base
- 11.5 inch diameter lid
- Digestion chamber is 17 inches deep
- Stands 28 inches high overall
- Accept about 1.5 to 2 lbs. of food waste per day
- Solar digester breaks down all food wastes
- No need to chop food, layer, turn, or water the pile
- Approximate weight is 22 lbs.
- The perfect accessory to a compost bin
- Doesn't replace compost bins for breaking down yard waste
- A limited 10-year manufacturer's warranty
- Includes assembly hardware and instructions
- 1 package BiOWiSH compost boost
The Green Cone kit consists of:
- Lower base unit basket, installed in- ground
- Black inner cone
- Green outer plastic cone
- Custom-fitted lid
- Kitchen caddy - one gallon container for collecting and carrying household food waste to the Green Cone
The Green Cone solar composter takes all household food waste, including vegetable scraps, raw and cooked meat or fish, bones, dairy products and other organic kitchen waste (e.g. tea bags, bread, etc.). The patented design of the unit utilizes a solar heating effect between the inner and outer cones to promote air circulation, which facilitates the growth of beneficial micro-organisms and the desirable aerobic digestion process. The household food waste is converted into water, carbon dioxide and a small amount of compost residue.
Because over 90% of the waste material in the Green Cone is absorbed safely as water by the soil, the Green Cone only needs to be cleaned once every few years when treated with care. It is important to note that for the Green Cone to work properly, it should be installed in an area of good drainage.
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
- This product reduces landfill waste and produces nutrient rich soil for gardening
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||3.5 cubic feet (25 gallons)|
|Dimensions||23" L x 17" W x 28" H|
|Key Feature||Solar enhanced compost bin|
|Assembly TIme||40 Minutes|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- International Orders:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org for rates.
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Green Cone Solar Composter - 3.5 Cubic Foot (25 Gallon)
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!