The Fagor Chef Pressure Cooker is made of durable 18/10 stainless steel with a large diffuser bottom. Each unit includes an instruction booklet and built-in indicators, making it easy to understand and use. The Pressure Indicator has two distinct positions: the first indicates the cooker has reached low pressure (8 psi), and the second alerts you the cooker has reached high pressure (15 psi). The MAX Line Indicator tells you when you have reached the maximum recommended filling capacity.
Fagor Chef Pressure Cooker is available in three sizes: 6, 8, or 10 quarts. The 10 quart unit also functions as a pressure canner.
- Pressure indicator with two pressure settings: Low (8psi) and High (15psi)
- Removable timer lets you walk away while cooking with 100 minutes of available time
- Fully automatic locking system
- Shorter side handles for easy storage
- Self cleaning valve designed to clean itself while expelling steam
- 10" tempered glass lid turns your pressure cooker into a traditional stock pot
- Includes steamer basket with trivet for steaming vegetables
- Comes with user's manual and DVD recipe collection
- Made in Spain
What are the Benefits of Pressure Cooking?
- Fast – Saves up to 70% in cooking time! Your favorite recipes can easily be adapted to cook in 1/3 of the time.
- Easy – Simply load the ingredients and liquids into the cooker, close the lid, bring the unit to pressure, then release and open the lid.
- Healthy – Because foods are cooked under pressure, up to 50% more vitamins and minerals are retained. Also, shorter cooking times retain more nutritional values of food as well as the natural color. In addition, it cooks without oil.
- Safe – Fagor Pressure Cookers have three safety valves that permit any possible excess pressure to escape, so the cooking experience is completely secure.
- Versatile – All types of foods can be cooked in a pressure cooker - vegetables, rice, stews, soups, meat, and even desserts.
- Energy efficient – Because pressure cooking reduces cooking times up to 70%, this means a tremendous conservation of energy.
- Great taste – The steam pressure breaks down the fibers in food in a very short time, leaving food moist and succulent, with an intense intermingling of flavors.
How To Use:
Once your cooker is loaded and the lid is locked into place, raise the burner heat to high (or medium-high for electric stoves). For the pressure cooker to build pressure, the cooking liquid in the pot has to be brought to a boil while the lid is positioned and locked in place. As the liquid begins to boil, the cooker will trap and compress the produced steam, creating pressure. The Fagor Chef pressure cookers are equipped with spring-loaded pressure indicators, which will rise to indicate when the unit has come up to pressure.
Once your unit has come up to pressure, lower the heat to medium (or medium-low for electric stoves). You may notice a continuous or occasional hissing sound and a small amount of steam coming from around the handle. This is normal, and is one of the built-in safety features that allows the Chef to safely regulate the amount of pressure inside the cooker. Do not lower the burner heat too much, as the internal temperatures will drop and you will lose pressure.
When the food is finished cooking, remove your unit from the burner. Although it is no longer in contact with the heat source, the contents will continue to cook until the temperature and the pressure level drop.
The Chef also includes a steamer basket and a trivet. The basket can be used for steaming foods without placing them directly into the cooking liquids. The trivet is simply placed on the bottom of the cooker, with the steamer basket on top of it.
Q: How do I release the pressure from my Fagor pressure cooker?
A: There are three ways of releasing cooking pressure in a pressure cooker:
- Natural-Release Method: After removing the unit from the burner, some foods such as stocks, tomato sauces, and certain cuts of meat benefit from continuing to cook in the pressure cooker as the pressure and temperature begin to drop naturally. This method can take anywhere from ten to thirty minutes, depending on the kind and quantity of food in the pressure cooker. You will know when it has dropped completely once the spring-loaded pressure indicator lowers completely.
- Cold-Water Release Method: For most food items, you will want to lower and release the cooking pressure as quickly as possible in order to stop the cooking process. The quickest way to do this is to take the pressure cooker to the sink and place it in a tilted position, allowing a small amount of cold water to run over the lid of the cooker. This will stabilize the temperature and force the pressure to dissipate in seconds. Once all the pressure has been released, you will normally hear a decompressing sound that sounds like a swooshing “pop”.
- Automatic-Release Method: The Fagor Chef Pressure Cooker has an automatic release setting, enabling you to release pressure without having to place the unit under cold water. Simply turn the switch to the steam icon, and the pressure will release quickly.
The Fagor Chef Pressure Cooker includes a self-cleaning valve, designed to clean itself with the exclusive vertical method in which it expels steam. However, stains may built up inside your pressure cooker from everyday use. A good way to remove the stains is to add equal parts of lemon juice and water to your cooker, and heat the liquid until hot. You can then use a nonabrasive sponge to remove stains.
All Fagor Pressure Cookers are Underwriter Laboratories approved. The lid locks automatically while pressure is still inside, and if the lid is not closed properly the unit will not create additional pressure. The lids will not open until the steam has dissipated and pressure has been completely released. Built-in safety mechanisms permit steam to escape when over-pressurizing occurs.
10 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Fagor's mission is to use resources efficiently and preserve the environment by developing quality products that consume less energy and water. Fagor is a notable partner in the Energy Star program.
Fagor has manufacturing systems established to minimize environmental impact on soil, water, and air during the production process. There is also proper waste management and recycling procedures in place after manufacturing process is completed.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Capacity||Available in 6, 8 or 10 Quarts|
|Dimensions||10-inch inside diameter|
|Key Feature||Premium stainless steel pressure cooker/canner|
|Origin||Made in Spain|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Fagor Chef Pressure Cooker/Canner - 6, 8, or 10 Quarts
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!