With the Wind Power 2.0 kit, you can build wind-powered generators to energize your electric vehicles and to charge rechargeable batteries! Each kit includes two styles of wind turbine blades, and a gearbox with three different gear ratios for experimenting. Determine how to make the best use of the wind by adjusting the angle and number of wind turbine blades. Use your wind-charged batteries to power the model vehicles you build, including a glider, sail car, jet car, tractor, racecar, and tricycle.
First, assemble a wind turbine complete with electric generator, adjustable rotors, and wind speed indicator. Then, conduct more than 20 experiments with your wind turbine, including experiments with different numbers of rotor blades, different blade angles and profiles, different wind speeds, different gear ratios, and so on. Use the wind turbine to generate mechanical power to lift a heavy weight, power the vehicles you can make or generate electricity to light up an LED and charge a rechargeable battery.
During the experiments, you will learn the physics of force and motion as it applies to wind power technology. Learn how to measure and calculate the different forces acting on the rotor blades by breaking them down into vectors. Discover how the sun makes the wind, providing us with an endless source of energy. Read about different types of wind turbines and windmills.
Features & Benefits:
- Build a working wind turbine
- Harness mechanical energy to lift weights
- Generate electricity to light an LED, power vehicles you can make, and charge a battery
- Learn the physics of wind turbines
- Discover how wind occurs and why it is such a promising energy source
Included: 133 building pieces and a 40-page instruction book. Rechargeable batteries are not included. Rechargeable batteries are available at drug stores, supermarkets and anywhere batteries are sold.
The Wind Power Renewable Energy Kit is appropriate for ages 8 and up.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||14.6" x 11.5" x 3.1"|
|Key Feature||Build wind-powered generators to energize your electric vehicles|
|Manufacturer||Thames & Kosmos|
|Origin||Made in Germany|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex, UPS, or USPS
Questions about the Wind Power Renewable Energy Kit
- From Van at 11/25/11 6:19 AM
- What are the exact contents of the box? I expected the contents would be listed in the "SPECIFICATIONS" section, but they were not. Thanks.
- Thanks for your question.
The kit contains everything you need to assemble a wind turbine including a pre-assembled electric generator, adjustable rotors and a wind speed indicator. It has parts and tools (pins, connectors, washers, gear wheels, axles, cables and more) that allow you to conduct more than 20 experiments using different numbers of rotor blades, different blade angles and profiles, different wind speeds, gear ratios and so on. The kit also includes a complete assembly and experiment manual.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!