The Swedish FireSteel was originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense. It’s 5400°F spark makes fire building easy in any weather and at any altitude. Its dependability has made it a favorite of survival experts and outdoor enthusiasts. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a foolproof way to light stoves and barbecues. TinderDust is made from with no chemical additives from the shavings from the Pinus Montezumae, a cultivated, fatwood pine. Due to its 80% resin content, it lights even when wet and gives maximum heat energy for minimal weight. TinderDust is packed in a convenient, 1.1 oz waterproof container that is easy to carry in your pocket or backpack.
Features & Benefit:
- Stainless steel striker lasts approximately 3,000 strikes
- Produces a bright 5,400°F (3,000 °C) spark that can also be used as an emergency signal
- Compact and lightweight
- Works when wet
- Weight: 1.1 oz
To purchase more TinderDust, click here.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48 & Canada
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the FireSteel Scout with TinderDust
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!