Exclusively distributed by Eartheasy.com, the Herstera Urban Garden Metal Grow Table features modern design, durable steel construction, and adequate soil depth for growing vegetables, herbs and flowers on your patio, deck or balcony.
The Herstera planter is particularly suited to urban settings because it is lightweight, easy to assemble and move, while simultaneously possessing the benefits of a rugged steel construction that easily supports the weight of your garden. The modern design (available in 5 colors - silver, red, white, eggplant and lime-green) looks attractive in any urban setting.
The bottom tapers to a single center drain, making it easy to catch any excess water, and the smooth metal finish is easy to sponge clean to maintain a new look. Dimensions are 39”x16”x33” LWH (100x40x84 cm), with a an 8” (20cm) planter depth.
Features & Benefits:
- Comes in five vibrant colors: Lime-Green, White, Eggplant, Red, and Silver
- Elegant silk screen decorative pictograms on one side of planter exterior
- Central drainage hole; includes a rubber drain cap/plug
- Galvanized and powder coated steel resists rust, withstands frost and high temperatures
- Stainless-steel fastenings are resistant to rust and corrosion
- Rubber leg caps will prevent the scratching of floor/patio boards
- Easy to assemble with few parts, no additional tools required
- Includes detailed instructions in four languages (English, French, German, Spanish)
- Sturdy and well-made design; will last a long time
- Easy to clean and maintain
- An accessible gardening option, as many wheelchairs will fit under the planter (table bottom is 25 inches (64 CM) above the ground
Instructions for Care
Easy to clean and maintain; simply wash with warm water and natural soap. Avoid abraisive scrubbers or products as this may erode the zinc coating and reduce the lifespan of your grow table
Included in the Box
- 4 legs
- 1 tray (planter base)
- 2 fronts
- 2 sides
- 4 rubber leg caps
- Stainless steel screws, nuts and bolts
- Tools for assembly
- Detailed instruction manual in 4 languages (French, English, Spanish, German)
What to Grow in Your Herstera Urban Garden Metal Grow Table
The planter depth is 8” (20cms), which will accommodate many shallow-rooted varieties of vegetables, herbs and flowers. These planters are ideally suited to salad gardens, since common salad crops require minimal soil depth. The success of your container garden will depend on the quality of the soil and your attention to watering. Here are suggestions for plantings, which are appropriate for the depth of the Herstera planter:
Shallow rooted vegetables: Lettuce, spinach, kale, tomatoes (eg. cherry, grape, roma), carrots (eg. chantenay, nantes, ladyfinger), strawberries, beets, radishes, smaller varieties of potatoes, onions (eg. white, yellow, sweet spanish), garlic, green onions, chives, cabbage, chinese cabbage, bok choy, various types of beans, kohlrabi.
Nurseries and seed catalogues offer miniature vegetable varieties, sometimes called “dwarf”, “midget”, “baby”, “mini” or “space miser” which are developed to produce in small spaces and shallow soil conditions. An advantage with these varieties is they often mature earlier than standard sized vegetables. Examples include baby bell peppers, spacemiser zucchini, dwarf bush beans, mini-cucumbers, little gem cos lettuce, dwarf edible pod peas, and small bush tomatoes. These varieties are ideal for the Urban Garden Grow Table.
Herbs: Herbs usually prefer hot growing conditions and can tolerate the occasional drying of the soil. For this reason, herbs lend themselves to planter gardens. For example: Rosemary, thyme, mint, sage, lavender, basil, coriander, chives, parsley, wheatgrass, barley grass, sprouts. There are also “trailing” varieties, such a trailing Rosemary, which increase the yield from herbs grown in crowded or shallow conditions.
Shrubs and Flowers: Heathers, miniature roses, rhododendrons, azaleas, lavender. Perennials: daylilies, daffodils and most bulb plants, ferns, hostas, Campanula, Phlox, petunias, zinnia, geranium, impatiens, pansies, primulas, begonias and most other flowering annuals.
It is important to remember that with any planter or shallow container, gardeners will have to pay a close eye to sufficient watering. Shallow containers will dry out faster than ground-based crops. Mulching, of course, will help to retain water and is advisable with any planter-grown crops.
Galvanized steel planter designed to encourage people to green their urban spaces.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Weight||30 lbs (14 Kg)|
|Dimensions||LWH: 39”x16”x33” (100x40x84 cm)|
|Key Feature||Stylish metal urban patio planter|
|Shipping Dimensions||41.3”x17”x4” (105x43x10 cm)|
- Shipping Dimensions:
- 41.3”x17”x4” (105x43x10 cm)
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Herstera Urban Garden Metal Grow Table - Available in 5 Colors
- From Lia at 4/19/16 11:49 AM
- From Ancoro Impara at 6/29/15 1:53 PM
- From wanda deetz at 2/21/15 12:05 PM
- Received my garden table, and is was very easy to assemble.But I am wondering how much potting soil to put in in, does it have a weight limit?Thanks
- The Herstera Grow Table is very sturdy with no weight limit for soil. We suggest you fill it right to the top, since the soil will settle an inch or two after the first few waterings. It's useful to leave it this way, down an inch or two, because you will want to top dress your planter with amendments, and you'll also be able to set on some mulch once the plants are established.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- A tree planted for every order with the Trees for the Future Foundation
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!