Choose between 4 heights:
- 6" ($94.95)
- 12" ($187.95)
- 18" ($271.95)
- 24" ($359.95)
All-season durable, warp resistant and maintenance-free, our Raised Garden Bed Kit with Composite Timbers is attractive, strong and ideal for growing healthy organic vegetables.
Features & Benefits:
- Simple installation
- Easy to set up in different configurations
- Includes all Joints, Screws, and Composite Timbers
- 5-Year Warranty Against Manufacturing Defects
The connecting joints are made of high impact durable ABS plastic resin (100% recycled), and the timbers are made of a blend of wood fiber and UV-protected polypropylene (100% recycled). The timbers go a slightly lighter shade with age because of the wood fiber content.
They are attractive - with an organic texture and color ' and durable. Plus, unlike pressure-treated wood, there are no dangerous chemicals present in our timbers, so you can grow an organic garden.
The Raised Garden Bed Kit with Composite Timbers system lets you design and build a raised vegetable garden that is rugged, resistant to warping from winter frost, and won't rot from exposure to rain and moisture.
Each timber board is a standard 2 x 6" size (actual dimensions: 1.5" x 5.5") and 44.5" long which creates a 4 foot span from joint to joint. Color is brown.
Garden assembly involves sliding the timber into the joint, and using the included zinc-plated steel screws to secure the timber in the joint. The Joints have stakes which are simply pressed into the ground. To create a second level, slide the stake of another joint into the top of the ground-level joint from above. It is helpful to have a power drill to set the screws.
Manufacturer warranties product will be free from manufacturing defects for 5 years from delivery date of original purchase. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by improper use, maintenance, or repair, or resulting from use or installation contrary to the assembly and installation instructions.
5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Key Feature||Rot proof, non-toxic, recycled composite plastic raised garden bed|
|Assembly TIme||30 Minutes|
|Origin||Made in China|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Composite Raised Garden Bed - 4' x 4'
- From Arthur at 3/20/11 10:55 AM
- Can these be used on a deck and not hammered into the ground?
- No. The Composite Raised Garden Bed uses a corner system (anchor joints) which has built-in stakes which need to be driven into the ground. I suppose you could saw off the stakes using a fine tooth saw, but I have never tried it.
Raised beds don't really need stakes, since the weight of the soil holds the boxes in place.. You'll notice some designs don't include stakes. Here are a few designs that you could set on your deck since they don't require stakes:
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Nora at 4/7/11 1:01 PM
- I have a 4 x 4 raised bed, but would like to add another one on top to make the height 12" for deeper plantings. Can I do this and how?
- If your bed is built using the composite wood and anchor joint building system, then all you have to do to add another layer to your bed is to purchase 4 more composite timbers and 2 packs of stacker joints.
Here is the link to the composite timbers:
Here is the link to the stacking joints:
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Beth at 4/10/11 9:48 AM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!
Nice for a small vegetable garden
This bed was quick to put together, and looks great. Only downside is it's not that sturdy, so you can't lever against the side with a shovel. The composite timbers are hollow, which improves the insulation of the bed, but also makes it lighter duty.
Would you recommend this product to a friend? Likely