Eartheasy.com offers the Black Berkey purification element with our Berkey purification systems. Black Berkey is a specialty purification element that fits into all Berkey products and, unlike Berkey's Super Sterasyl Ceramic element, it can reduce or remove viruses and filters up to 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement.
Berkey systems use micro-porous filtration, a process found in nature, combined with modern technology and high-quality materials to provide an exceptional water purification system. The Berkey Light with Black Berkey purification element will remove a wide range of viruses (up to 99.9999%), bacteria (up to 99.9999%), cysts and parasites as well as contaminants including herbicides, pesticides, organic solvents, volatile organic compounds, detergents, cloudiness, silt, sediment, foul tastes and odors. The Black Berkey also removes chlorine to undetectable levels.
Water flowing through the Berkey systems has a long contact period with the purification element. Unlike other filters where water is forced through the element, water travels through Berkey purification systems along a tortuous path allowing water to stay in contact with purifying elements for an extended period. This allows you to purify treated water and untreated raw water from sources such as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and other unregulated water bodies.
The Berkey Light features:
- Made from non-BPA co-polyester, which will not leach or retain foul odors or tastes
- Shatter resistant and virtually unbreakable
- Will not retain foul tastes or odors from unpurified water
- 2 cleanable Black Berkey filters
- Gravity-powered, so requires no pumping or energy sources for purification
- Can be expanded to use 4 purification elements to purify up to 8 gallons (30 liters per hour)
- Storage capacity of 2.75 gallons (10.4 liters)
- Purifies maximum of 4 gallons (15.2 liters) per hour
- When in use, the systems stands 21” in height and 9” in diameter
1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Filters in Berkey Natural Purifiers can be cleaned and reused to prolong filter life. This product replaces the need for buying safe drinking water in plastic bottles, and reduces the impacts associated with manufacturing and disposing of plastic bottles. The Black Berkey purification element can purify up to 3,000 gallons before needing replacement, which minimizes the long-term impact of purchasing this product.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||21" in height, 9" in diameter|
|Key Feature||Removes bacteria, parasites, and other contaminants.|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the Berkey Light Water Purification System
- From Jim at 12/8/12 8:19 AM
- Why can't this be shipped to California?
- The new CA law requiring lead-free certification is prohibitive and lengthy, and at present is too cumbersome for the company to undertake. (Even though Berkeys are 100& lead free).
The Berkey can be shipped to CA privately however. So if you have a friend in another state who can receive it, they can then ship it to you.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Beth at 5/2/13 9:29 PM
- IS it electric?
- The Berkey Light Water Purification System does not require electricity. It is powered by gravity, so you can take this filter anywhere and just put water into it for filtering. This filter is especially useful for group picnics, camping trips, Scouts outings, outdoor summer barbecues. It can be used anywhere that the water source is suspect.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Courtney at 8/27/14 10:21 AM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!