For the past three decades, the Sun Oven has been used in over 125 countries and earned a reputation as the most efficient, hassle-free solar cooking appliance.
Cooking with a Sun Oven is easy, fun, nutritious, energy saving, and cost effective. Ideal for everyday use, at picnics, while camping, or in the event of a power failure. With a Sun Oven, you have all the power you need to cook your meals, or boil water for drinking.
Features & Benefits:
- Cook, bake, or dehydrate all your favorite foods
- Boil or pasteurize water with the power of the sun
- Saves energy - no gas, electricity, or fuel needed
- Easy to use and portable - folds up to the size of a small suitcase
- Provides high cooking temperatures of 360-400° F
- Slow cook or cook in comparable time to conventional stovetops or ovens
- Large oven interior holds most standard baking pans
- Alignment leg to raise or lower the oven to meet the sun
- Sun-track indicators make it easy to align with the sun
- Leveling rack fits inside the oven and adjusts freely to prevent spilling
- Extra-thick glass lid heats quickly and efficiently
- Made in the USA
- All American Sun Oven, collapsible reflectors, leveling rack, alignment leg, sun-track indicators, thermometer, ground stakes, and CD with over 600 recipes, instructions, videos & preparedness tips.
How To Use:
You can cook almost anything you would in a conventional oven or stovetop, including bread, vegetables, pizza, poultry, fish, meats, pasta, casseroles, stews, desserts and more. Plus, you can use the Sun Oven to rehydrate and cook dehydrated or freeze-dried foods.
Adjust the cooking time to fast or slow, so meals cooks in as little as 20 minutes longer than a conventional oven, or slow cook all day.
Wind resistant alignment leg with ground stakes allows you to raise or lower the oven’s orientation to meet the sun on the horizon with increased stability. In high winds, the alignment leg can be staked into the ground and secured with ties.
Two Loaf Pans: To bake bread or cakes, or cook meatloaf. Constructed of heavy-gauge steel that provides even-heating, and non-stick coating for easy clean-up. Oven fits two loaf pans at the same time. Each measures 9.25" x 5.25" x 2.75".
Morning Hill Solar Cookery Book: Tasty vegetarian recipes, designed for cooking with the sun oven. 97 pages.
Water Pasteurization Indicator: This reusable, durable WAPI is a simple device containing a special soy wax that helps users determine when water has reached pasteurization temperatures. Ideal for camping and emergencies.
Round 3-quart enamelware pot: Measures 9.75" by 5.75" and can hold a 3 pound bird or roast. Only one pot can fit in the oven at once.
4-quart Enamelware Pot with Steamer: This Enamelware pot has an insert that can be removed to use the pot for cooking or inserted when steaming foods.
3 Stackable Wire Racks with Parchment Paper: The wire racks sit on the levelator and stack on top of each other. Use the roll of parchment paper to place on top of each rack. Keep the door slightly ajar to allow moisture to escape. This will dehydrate your thinly-sliced veggies, fruits, and meats using the power of the sun!
Cookie Sheets: Two-pack. Perfect size to bake cookies or brownies in the Sun Oven (11" x 7")
Sun Ovens International is involved in solar cooking projects in deforested countries on five continents. When you order a Sun Oven you are helping women and children in developing countries around the world.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||19" x 20" x 15"|
|Key Feature||Sun oven with parabolic reflectors for solar cooking and water pasteurization|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the All American Sun Oven
- From Brian at 7/5/14 1:37 PM
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!