Cooking with a solar oven is easy, fun, nutritious, energy saving and cost effective. The All American Sun Oven is ideal for everyday use, at picnics, while camping, or in the event of a power failure. Be prepared for an emergency with the Sun Oven on hand. As long as there is sunshine, you will have all the power you need to cook your meals.
Features & Benefits:
- Sun Oven includes: solar cooker, attached collapsible reflectors, leveling rack, self-contained leveling leg, thermometer, sun-track indicators, recipes and instructions.
- Accessory kit includes: Multi-level Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set (3 racks, 1 roll parchment paper); Two Easy Stack Pots with interchangeable enamel and glass lids; Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurizing Indicator (WAPI); Two Loaf Pans
- Oven interior is 20% larger than the Global Sun Oven so it can cook at a greater volume and accommodate many standard size baking pans (fits up to a 21 lbs. turkey in dish)
- Provides high cooking temperatures of 360-400 degrees Fahrenheit, which is more than sufficient to bake, boil or steam your favorite recipes
- Sun-track indicators make it easy to align with the sun
- Extra thick, ultra white glass lid heats more efficiently and increases shatter resistance
- Improved wind resistant alignment leg with ground stakes allows you to raise or lower the oven’s orientation to meet the sun on the horizon with increased stability
- Dual purpose leveling rack hangs inside the oven and adjusts freely to prevent foods from spilling. It can be set on the bottom to increase usable space
- Includes new Sun Oven e-Cookbook & Emergency Preparedness CD featuring over 600 recipes, solar cooking instructions, emergency preparedness tips, pictures and videos
- Portable and lightweight, folds up to the size of a small suitcase with carrying handle
- Durable and long lasting, it is built to last a lifetime with proper care
- Made in the USA
How To Use:
You can use the All American Sun Oven to cook anything that cooks in a conventional oven or stove such as bread, vegetables, pizza, poultry, fish, meats, pasta, casseroles, stews, desserts and more. Plus, you can use the Sun Oven as an energy efficient way to rehydrate and cook dehydrated or freeze dried foods. The Sun Oven also heats water for drinking, doing dishes and for personal hygiene. You can adjust the cooking time to fast or slow, so meals cooks in as little as 20 minutes longer than a conventional oven, or slow cook all day.
The Sun Oven can also be used as a food dehydrator. Just keep the oven door on top of the latches so the moisture can escape and the temperature stays low enough inside.
Dehydration & Preparedness Accessory Package:
Sun Dry Dehydrating Racks
A simple, effective way to use a Sun Oven is to dry and dehydrate with the power of the sun. Easily stackable wire racks allows up to 3 layers of drying and includes one roll of parchment paper. Use the sun to naturally dry vegetables, fruits, meats, herbs or fish.
Easy Stack Pots with interchangeable lids
Spill-free cooking of multiple dishes. Set of two enamelware pots can be safely and easily stacked. Includes an interchangeable enamel lid and a glass lid for improved visibility and browning. Each 3 quart pot holds 3 lb. of poultry or a 3 lb. roast.
Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurization Indicator
A simple reusable thermometer which indicates when water has reached pasteurization temperature and is safe to drink. Can be used in a Sun Oven, over a campfire, with charcoal, propane, or with any type of fuel you use for heating water.
Wilton Non-stick Even Heat Bread Pans
Favorite size for homemade breads & cakes. Constructed of heavy-gauge steel that provides an even-heating performance baking experts prefer for perfectly-browned baked goods. The non-stick coating improves food release and cleaning. 9 1/4 in. x 5 1/4 in. x 2 3/4 in.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase you make. If you are in any way dissatisfied with a product you ordered, we'll exchange it, replace it or refund your money within 30 days of purchase. Simply email us the problem, and we'll take care of you. Certain products have extended warranties (up to 50 years!) that are listed on the particular product page. Please call us at 1-888-451-6752 if you need further clarification.
|Dimensions||19 x 20 x 15 inches|
|Key Feature||Sun oven plus solar cooking, baking, dehydrating and preparedness supplies|
|Origin||Made in the U.S.A.|
- Shipping Details:
- Insured against damage or loss while in transit
- This Product Ships To:
- US Lower 48
- Ships Via:
- Fedex or UPS
Questions about the All American Sun Oven with Dehydrating & Preparedness Kit
- From elsie at 11/10/13 5:05 PM
- how much sun does this unit need? I live in the northern pacific northwest, rain forest....
- Sun Ovens are used successfully in the Pacific Northwest. Of course you will realize best usage during the summer months when there are more sunlight hours. However even on cold clear days, the oven will work.
Cooking times are about the same in a Sun Oven as in a conventional oven when direct sunlight is available. The E-Z Sun-track indicators make it easy to refocus the oven as the sun direction changes, which you will need to do when cooking especially during the shoulder seasons.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own Question
- No-hassle, 30 day returns
- No sales tax
- Quick shipping
- Secure shopping (SSL, PCI, McAfee Secure)
- In business since 2000
- Member of Better Business Bureau, Green America, and US EPA Watersense
- Carbon-neutral, Family-owned business that promotes sustainability!